Skip to main content

How to create your own Binder

How to Create your 

own Binder


So, your looking for some ideas on how to become more organized,

mabye you want to keep everything you need for school in one place,

or you might just want to have fun creating something amazing!

I First thought of the idea of doing something like this at the begging

of the school year. I created mine as a note binder. Here is a list of the things I keep inside of it:


Stickers (for decorating notes)


Paper (for taking notes)

My Play lines

My play music

Pens, highlighters, ex.

Washi tape


The binder was really helpful for keeping things organized. Here are a few ideas for a binder you could make:

Car Binder: If you are going on a trip, you could include coloring sheets, markers, sketch paper, travel brochures, and more!

Performance Binder: You could store music, play lines, school papers, and more in this binder!

Study Binder: Think of things that inspire you to study. Mabye notebook paper, pens, stickers, washi tape, pencils would be nice in this binder. 


You can do a lot of different variations with your binder (I would love to know what you did for yours in the comments!) 


Make Your Binder

There are SO many techniques and ways to make your binder, but here are the things I made for my binder:

- Tabs for different papers 

- A fun cover

- Sheets to decorate the inside

SO . . . those are the things I made in my binder. There are so many different things you could make for your binder, but here are some simple ideas: 

- Tabs

- Cover

- Notes gallery

- Sticky note organizer

- Pencil bag

- Pencil holder

- Sticker holder

- Sheets

- A quote page

- A Bullet Journal page (Some ideas here and here)


Binder Supplies

To make your binder you will only need as many things as you want. Here is a list of what I used:

- Washi tape

- Stickers (TONS OF THEM)

- Paper (Like DUH)

- Markers

- Gel pens

- Brush tip markers

- Lettering markers

- Tape

- Block Paper

- BUJO paper

- Planner stickers

- Card Holders

So yea, that is mostly everything I used. You could use different things. 

Try to think about what you are using for your binder. Say, you are making a homework binder. You will want to think What inspires me while I am doing homework? I quotes inspire you, make a quote page, if you think its fun to use colors, add gel pens. 

Also, think about what colors go with your theme. If you are making a vacation binder, you may want to use fun and natural colors. 

When I made my note binder, I used an atheistic color pallet. Just do what you like! Use the colors that make you happy!

Binder Crafts

I made a few crafts for my binder. (See above) Now, I am going to be telling you how to make them. It's very easy to make them and if you don't have a lot of time, you can make these things quickly. 


DIY Page Finders

This craft is really easy and it is a must for binder organization. Since we are putting on a play, I marked the acts with these page finders *GOOD IDEA. I think you could do this for a music binder to for example. You could mark classical, Disney, Performance, and fun in you music binder.


The color of these page finders should go with the rest of your binder. For example, I did an aesthetic color theme. For the page finders I used a tan. Again, think about what your binder is for, and choose colors that help accomplish or inspire that activity. 


What you need to make DIY page dividers:

- Clear Tape

- Colored paper that fit your chosen color pallet

- Scissors

- Pens, markers, or brush tips

- Pen


How to make the page finders:

1. Draw your finder shape with a pen. Here is the shape I used:  

2. Now you will want to cut out your shape. This step should be easy.

3. Write what you are marking on the papers with markers or whatever you are using. Here is what I did:

Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, Music, Stickers

4. Tape them to the papers. Here is how mine turned out: 
  


DIY Binder Cover

There are so many ways you can do this. Here are some ideas:

- Stickers with text in the middle

- Graphic art

- Paper art

- Your Favorite painting you made

- Anything you love

- A graphic that goes with you theme (Cars for vacation, E.X)

Here is how mine turned out: 



 I used digital stickers online and then printed the paper. As you make your cover, this is the place to really show your color pallet.

Questions and Answers

Q. I am wondering what pages would work in my binder. What would work? 
A. Mabye sticker sheets, planner sheets, habit trackers work well too, also important deadlines.


Q. Do you have any organization hacks?

A. YES! I used card holders as a sticker organizer witch worked really well. 



Q. What type of binder do you use for these?

A. Basically you use a regular '12 binder. Mini binders might not work as well as the big ones though.


Binder Hacks

Looking for an easier sticker organization? Buy some clear card holders. Now you can slide your stickers in each pocket.

Using clear page-protectors Make a prompted note taking page. Slide the paper into the protector. You can take erasable notes with a dry-areas marker. 


Binder Tour

Lastly, I wanted to show you the one I made (for some ideas). Here we go!

Cover:



Notes:



Pens/markers/highlighters


Well. theats the binder how-to! I hope you got some ideas!

Sadie

Comments

  1. I am going to do a crafts theme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! You should try using scrapbook paper in your cover! Would love to see the result!

      Delete
  2. I am going to make one of these too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear form you!

Popular posts from this blog

Me and my sister built a SECRET ART ROOM!!!

 

My top 10 Favorite Bullet journaling ideas

  Hey guys! It's Sadie here! Today I am going to be showing you some of my Favorite bullet journaling ideas. *Tell me what your favorite idea was in the comments!!!  First of all, I love bullet journals because they are like a half sketch book, half notebook. Its like your notes and plans are works of art! But, they can also multi task. Some of the things I like bullet journaling for is Bible journaling, sermon notes, school notes, planners, habit trackers and much more.  So. . . now lets get on to my Favorite ideas! 1. Workout Tracker  I Actually made this one in my bullet journal- it was VERY easy. This one is fun for the art and pictures. I really like the inspiring quote at the bottom. I just use it for running !?! Find the idea  here 2. Cleaning tracker  OK. Let's be real. I don't actually use this one that much, but I REALLY like the art in it. It was decently easy to draw. I also like that it organizes work. You could actually use this as a chore tracker too! If you