Skip to main content

What is Canva and why should you use it?



Have you been looking for an easy-to-use graphic design, art, or writing app?

If this describes YOU . . . Look no more!

In todays post, I am going to be giving YOU a guide to the best app I ever found *ITS FREE!. 

Here is what to expect in this post:

- Learn about what Canva is

- How to get a Canva account

- Why I use Canva and what I use if for

- BEST Canva tools

- My favorite apps, elements, and fonts

With out more introduction . . . . Lets . . GO!!!


What is Canva?

If I could describe it, I would say its and easier version of Adobe. I have been actually using Adobe lately, but I started out with Canva. It's what got me into graphic design.  

Canva is great for beginners.

It has Millions of templates, FREE course videos for students, non-profit businesses and more. They have millions of fun fonts, elements, and more!


How do I get a Canva account?

Getting a Canva account is simple. All you need to do is search "Canva" into google. When "Canva" comes up, click the first thing with this logo: 


 





When you Click the website, It will ask you "What will you design"? Click "Create an account for free". It will ask you for your name (Feel free to use a pen name) and email. It will not fill up your inbox with junk if you unsubscribe, but we will get to that later. 

Next, it will offer a PRO version, but there is probably enough free for you. (The PRO does have some nice features like the background remover which is GREAT).

Now that you have an account . . . Get DESIGNING!!!


What do YOU use Canva for?

I Use Canva for my cover pictures, magazine, brand kit, and ALOT of other things. When you get on Canva, I recommend choosing a template and editing it to get a feel for how Canva is. 

Like I said, Canva is nice for making brand kits with colors, fonts, ex. I did make all the Destination Creation LOGOS on Canva.

Now. . . What I DON'T like Canva for:

The websites. I was SO exited when I saw Canva websites, BUT once I tried using it i realized it was HARD. They don't (Or mabye they do. . but I don't know how) let you have a blog or Ecommerce (Basically an online store). 

I also don't particularly like video editor (Which you can't do much with). I was exited when I saw they had one, but disappointed when I tried it.

 


Canva HACKS:

Eye-dropper to color:  Do you want to make something Exactly as shone on a color pallet? If so, follow these steps:

1. Say you want to make the green box pink for your logo. Click on the thing you want to color. I have circled the color I want, but you do not have to do this.



Next, click on the color button at the top-left corner: Click the rainbow+.


Next you will see an eye-dropper icon. Click on that. You will get a pixel thing. Move the pixel thing over the color you want until the pixels are that color. 


This is the final product!



Keyboard Shortcuts: These may be harder to use at first, but once you memorize them that make things faster. Trust me! Here are the ones I use the most: 

Even if you just know the first one, I will save you so much time. All those seconds add up! 

What are your Fav Canva fonts and elements?

These simple element keywords will get you some SUPER cute results: 


These fonts are my favorite and are easy to find:



Well that is what Canva is and what I use it for. If you have any Questions, feel free to ask them in the comments and if you have an idea for another post, mention those too. 

Sadie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me and my sister built a SECRET ART ROOM!!!

 

My top 10 Favorite Bullet journaling ideas

  Hey guys! It's Sadie here! Today I am going to be showing you some of my Favorite bullet journaling ideas. *Tell me what your favorite idea was in the comments!!!  First of all, I love bullet journals because they are like a half sketch book, half notebook. Its like your notes and plans are works of art! But, they can also multi task. Some of the things I like bullet journaling for is Bible journaling, sermon notes, school notes, planners, habit trackers and much more.  So. . . now lets get on to my Favorite ideas! 1. Workout Tracker  I Actually made this one in my bullet journal- it was VERY easy. This one is fun for the art and pictures. I really like the inspiring quote at the bottom. I just use it for running !?! Find the idea  here 2. Cleaning tracker  OK. Let's be real. I don't actually use this one that much, but I REALLY like the art in it. It was decently easy to draw. I also like that it organizes work. You could actually use this as a chore tracker too! If you