Skip to main content

How to start your own blog/website



Hey Girls! I hope you are having a GREAT day (also happy Valentines Day)! Well, I hope you are exited for today's post because today were talking about websites and blogs and videos and that kind of stuff!

Today I will just be sharing the basics, but if you want more posts like this, share that in the comments. Now, let's start . . . starting . . whatever this is?


1. Choose what you blog/website is going to be about

This is an important first step. Try to find soothing about yourself that is original (if possible). Your specialty could be old-fashioned recipes or stop-motion. Choose what you like and what you want to tell others about.

 Q. What if there is already a blog/website under my topic already?

 A. That's okay! You can make yours unique in your branding or the name!

2. Choose a name for your blog/website

Okay. So let's go back to the first step. Remember the ideas? (Stop motion anybody?) Say your name is . . Emma (hope I am not spooking you out if your name is Emma?!?). Your blog or websites name could be Emma's stop-motion.

 Q. What if I can't think of a name?

 A. Its fine! You can still do this later. Maybe an awesome name will come to mind later.

3. Create your brand

So lets break this down a bit. Going back to the stop motion thing. . . lets use THAT. First you will want to create a logo. Here are some tips for that:

- Be minimal 

- Be memorable

- Make it look good (vertical and horizontal)

- Design it for your audience

Next choose a color pallet. To help with this describe how you want your readers to feel when they read your blog/website. (Let's say relaxed for an example) Search "Relaxed color pallet). You can use that.

4. Design your website

This is SO much fun. Right now I use blogger for my websites (I TOTALLY Recommend them), but Squarespace and Wix are helpful too. 

5. Share your site and put to use!

All you have to do now is use your site and share it (The comments)! You can now have a blog or website of your own!



Comments

  1. Can you do more posts like this? please

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my Blog : https://vintagedkathrine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://destination-creation-2023.my.canva.site/destination-creation-simpsonville

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to hear form you!

Popular posts from this blog

Me and my sister built a SECRET ART ROOM!!!

 

My top 10 Favorite Bullet journaling ideas

  Hey guys! It's Sadie here! Today I am going to be showing you some of my Favorite bullet journaling ideas. *Tell me what your favorite idea was in the comments!!!  First of all, I love bullet journals because they are like a half sketch book, half notebook. Its like your notes and plans are works of art! But, they can also multi task. Some of the things I like bullet journaling for is Bible journaling, sermon notes, school notes, planners, habit trackers and much more.  So. . . now lets get on to my Favorite ideas! 1. Workout Tracker  I Actually made this one in my bullet journal- it was VERY easy. This one is fun for the art and pictures. I really like the inspiring quote at the bottom. I just use it for running !?! Find the idea  here 2. Cleaning tracker  OK. Let's be real. I don't actually use this one that much, but I REALLY like the art in it. It was decently easy to draw. I also like that it organizes work. You could actually use this as a chore tracker too! If you