Skip to main content

How to create a website on WIX

 


Hey girls! I hope you liked Mondays post about website planforms! You might have remembered I said Wix was the best so I decided to make a post about that. 

Before I walk you through this tutorial here are some links to some sites I have designed on Wix. The Creative Bold, Whiteness, Friends Magazine (Click on the blue text to see the site).

Making websites on Wix is fun. Let's go!

1) Get Inspiration 

What is your website going to be about? (Check out this post for ideas). Search for a website template under that topic. 

Example: You want a DIY-Galore website

You search happy, DIY website template into Pinterest. Here are the ones you like:


*Remember, you can't copy someone else's design, but you can use it to get ideas.

Once you put all the ideas together that you like, you might see a certain style you like. Using this create your brand. (Find out how to do this in this post). 

2) Create a Wix account

In this post, I went through platforms for websites and said Wix was the best (pss, I just might. . be re-branding Destination Creation)

To create a Wiz account, Just go to their website and make one. (name, email) Now you can start!

3) Click +new site





As you can see, you will want to click the blue button in the corner. 

4) Answer Questions

They will ask you about your site (so they can set up your dashboard). The questions are easy to answer. 



5) View your dashboard.

When your done with the questions it will take you to your dashboard. The dashboard will have tasks on it. 



6) Choose your site

You will now have the option to choose a template or start from scratch. I recommend starting from scratch, but if want to use any of the templates, go for it! 


(If you want a blank template click on the button in the far right side)

7) Upload your brand kit

Now you can separately upload your logo, colors, images, and fonts. (To upload you color pallet, add your colors to a twitter header and then use the eye-dropper to use its colors). 

8) Activate buttons

This took me the longest to learn how to do, but you will need to link to pages. Here is how:




8) Finish designing your site
After you have the past steps done, take a dare and click view on phone. 

Make adjustments as needed. 
9) Finish tasks
If your site is a blog, write a post! If you site is a shop, add store products! (Add both if you want!)
10) Share your site
Tell your friends about it, share it with family, and lastly, use your site! 

Well, that is a very-brief explanation on how to do this (I hope it made scents). If you have questions, feel free to contact! 

See you in the next post! And until then. . . 
Keep on DIYing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me and my sister built a SECRET ART ROOM!!!

 

My top 10 Favorite Bullet journaling ideas

  Hey guys! It's Sadie here! Today I am going to be showing you some of my Favorite bullet journaling ideas. *Tell me what your favorite idea was in the comments!!!  First of all, I love bullet journals because they are like a half sketch book, half notebook. Its like your notes and plans are works of art! But, they can also multi task. Some of the things I like bullet journaling for is Bible journaling, sermon notes, school notes, planners, habit trackers and much more.  So. . . now lets get on to my Favorite ideas! 1. Workout Tracker  I Actually made this one in my bullet journal- it was VERY easy. This one is fun for the art and pictures. I really like the inspiring quote at the bottom. I just use it for running !?! Find the idea  here 2. Cleaning tracker  OK. Let's be real. I don't actually use this one that much, but I REALLY like the art in it. It was decently easy to draw. I also like that it organizes work. You could actually use this as a chore tracker too! If you